DK 8260 Viby J.
||+45 8938 1000
||+45 8628 1691
Tim Ørting Jørgensen
|Chairman:||Jan Toft Nørgaard
||Head office, administration, sales & marketing
About the dairy
- The Danish part of the company was founded by four dairy companies and three individual dairies. At that time the company had a milk volume of 383 million kgs.
- In the 1970s and ‘80s, several dairies and dairy companies were connected either through mergers or acquisitions.
- In 1988 the company changed its name to the more internationally oriented MD Foods. The following year MD Foods International A/S was established for the purchase of dairies abroad; the company mainly buys up in England.
- In 1992 MD Foods and Kløver Mælk (Denmark’s then second-largest dairy company) entered into an economic commitment, and the two companies merged in 1999. MD Foods thereby received 90 per cent of the Danish milk quantity.
- Later that year, MD Foods and the Swedish cooperative Arla merged, and in the spring of 2000 Arla Foods amba is founded. The two companies have been cooperating since 1995.
- Since the merge, Arla Foods had rationalized its production in the two home countries, while some acquisitions have been made among other things the company bought the privately-owned Tholstrup Cheese in 2006.
- The activities abroad have continuously expanded. Arla Foods has become the largest provider of dairy products in the UK, and in Finland the company became the sole owner of the country’ second-largest dairy company in 2008. Arla Foods produces milk powder and cheese respectively in China and the United States of America.